While you might not need one in the cold, in the heat of the summer months, nothing can cool you down faster and better than a fan. Having a fan is the cheap alternative to the air-conditioning system and it does not have as much maintenance that you need to contend with. If you are running low on budget, the fan will certainly be one of your best options.
However, choosing any fan might not be the best option and you will certainly be looking for something effective and quiet. The best quiet fans can be quite tough to find, but we have set out to find these fans and ensure that you get the best possible value for your money. We have also included a thoroughly researched guide that should enable you to get the best possible value for your money.
Key Features to Consider When Purchasing the Best Quiet Fan:
When looking for a fan, there are a number of important aspects to also take into consideration. After consulting numerous experts and people who buy a lot of these fans, we have found some of the top features that you will need to look for when purchasing these fans. Here are the most important features to keep in mind:
- Types: Fans are available in all shapes and sizes and they all work perfectly depending on your needs. When selecting a quiet fan, there will be different types that you will need to consider. Here are a few of them.
- Tabletop fan: The tabletop fan is a little smaller and should be perfect for your desk or shelf. These fans are like smaller versions of the tower fans and they also tend to be somewhat more affordable.
- Ceiling fan: The ceiling fan is much more conservative and it does not have all of the modern features that many of the other will have. The ceiling fan is effective for keeping a large area cool as well but does not have it focused.
- Pedestal fan: The pedestal fan is generally mounted on a pedestal and it is also one of the easiest to move around the home. It is generally quite large and may have numerous features that could help you at different times.
- Tower fan: These fans are somewhat smaller and they sit closer to the floor, but much like the pedestal fan, they still blow air at a decent height and should cool your entire room.
- Adjustability: Adjustability is key to any fan and since you will be moving it or use it to cool different areas, versatility is one of the key features that you should be looking at.
- Modes: Different modes like sleep and normal, are perfect for cooling for a certain period of time. The more modes you have, the more versatility you will have as well. The swing mode is one of the most functional modes you could look for in any fan.
- Remote control: While this might be a little expensive, the remote control enables you to change and select the modes from afar. The remote control is one of the features that should definitely simplify your life when using the fan.
- Mist: The mist feature enables the fan to blow out mist and to have a cooling effect. This feature does require you to fill up a tank with water and blow out the mist. This feature is often times not as effective as it is marketed to be.
- Display: The display is something that should come down to personal preference. It is something that you will like to see and keep track of the modes and should also improve the look of the fan.
Top Quiet Fans on the Market Today:
Now that you have a better understanding of these fans and their features, we have also compiled a list of the top quiet fans on the market today. We had the opportunity to test out many of these fans and this gave us the ability to see how they work and whether or not they will really be beneficial to your cause.
Featuring a large pedestal design, this fan is one of the best when looking for something quiet. The fan features 4 unique modes and has the ability to propel air up to 1650 cubic feet to provide you with a decent stream of air to cool you down. The noise rank is between 40 and 57 decibels depending on the speed level you have it and should be perfect to run through the night.
One of the downsides is the lack of rust protection for those living close to the beach. The blades do have a tendency to develop some rust over time and this could be quite frustrating if you need to use it again once the summer time has come.
The other problem is the price and this fan also tends to be quite expensive. We would still recommend it for the quality and you will definitely not be disappointed with this fan. It is also one of the most durable fans on the market today.
Designed specifically for the table, the Rowenta VU2660 Turbo Silence Extreme Electronic Table Fan is the smaller version of the previous fan. It comes with five-speed settings and also has the ability to blow out the wind at a rate of 1650 cubic feet per minute. The fan is small and ergonomically designed as well and this makes it easier to carry around the house if needed.
One feature we seemed to love is the turbo feature and this feature is perfect for having those quick spurts of wind that could cool you down on a hot day. The downsides are definitely the price and the lack of adjustability that may keep you from cooling down every inch of the area when needed. However, this fan is still one of the most durable fans on the market and we would definitely recommend it as the ideal desk fan.
The Lasko Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer features an extremely stylish and sophisticated design. It is made from hardened plastic and features multiple different modes that should prove to be helpful when cooling yourself and your home down. The fan stands quite tall at 42.5-inches and this should offer enough range.
The air ionizer is one of the main features that will set it apart from the rest of the fans. This gives you the ability to also purify the air and could potentially allow you have a fresh home. The fan is reasonably priced and we would definitely recommend it to anyone with a heat problem in their homes. This fan is also perfect for the coastal regions with no blades capable of developing rust.
The Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan is one of the perfect fans that you could use if you are looking for something smaller. This tower fan stands close to the ground and it features 8 different speeds settings with different levels of quietness that should be perfect for you at night times as well.
The fan features multiple settings and the breeze setting is perfect with the shut off timer. It is designed to save energy in your home as well and comes at a decent price tag. The fan is one of the more affordable models on the market and the display stands out to be really stylish. We would definitely recommend this model to anyone.
If you are looking for something unique that will definitely stand out, the Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 Table Fan is designed with a unique design. The fan also features a remote with 10 airflow settings that should all be perfect when it comes to choosing the amount of air you would like to feel. Since it does not have any spinning blades, the fan is perfect for children and pets.
The oscillation control offers you great versatility and the fan is also capable of saving quite a lot of power on your electricity bill. This fan also cleans out the air and seems to be quite durable, but we would not recommend dropping it when moving it around.
Unfortunately, the fan tends to be extremely expensive and we would only recommend it to those with the funds to actually afford it. You should also know that the fan has been covered under warranty for 2 years with parts and labor included.
The OPOLAR 9 Inch Metal Desk Fan is quite large and it is USB powered. This might be a problem depending on what you have on the desk and if you have a power source to support it. The fan features 2 different speeds and the noise has been kept down to make it perfect for the office or for the bedroom if needed.
The downside to this fan is the lack of versatility and you will not have any way of controlling the oscillating feature on the fan. It is really affordable to buy, but we would recommend the fan to those looking for something personal on their desk tables that has been pointed directly at them to keep them cool.
The Vornado 573 Small Flat Panel Air Circulator Fan is much similar to the previous fan and it is designed to keep you cool at close ranges and close to your desk. The fan features 3 different speed settings and it is capable of delivering either horizontal or vertical airflow depending on your needs. This feature also means it is ideal from the ground up.
The fan has been designed according to US specifications and while it does not really save power, it does not consume a lot either. The fan is really affordable and it is backed by a 5-year warranty that should also give you peace of mind and the ability to fully test out the fan to see if your money has been well spent. We would definitely recommend it.
The Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator Fan with Adjustable Height is somewhat larger than the previous one and it is definitely designed to be ideal for the bedroom. The fan also comes with 3 different speed settings and this can easily be adjusted to have the perfect airflow. The blades are designed to push the wind out up to 100 feet as well.
This fan is also backed by a decent 5-year warranty and this should allow you to test out the features and give you some peace of mind when using it. Since the fan is quite affordable, we would recommend it to anyone looking for a new cooling device.
Last but certainly not least, we have the pureFlow QT7- Bladeless 90 degree Oscillation Fan and this fan is designed without any blades to make it safe for children and to keep the noise down. The unique design is perfect for your stylish office and 12 fan speeds and adjustable oscillation should put all the power in your hands.
This fan might be quite expensive, but we would definitely recommend it for the value and the quality and we have tested it out in numerous conditions to see that it does work quite effectively.
Which One Of These Fans Will You Choose?
Now that you have seen the features and our opinions on these fans, we would like to know which one you would choose for your home or office. We would also like to thank you for reading this article and encourage you to let us know which one you like, or drop a comment in the comment section if you think we might have missed any of your favorites.